Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Victoria's Star

This month I'm participating in A to Z Challenge, where 100's of bloggers around the world challenge themselves to write every day for the month of April, working their way through the alphabet.  I'm sewing a patchwork block for each letter of the alphabet. Each day I will share that block and a little about the block and direct you to where you can find a tutorial for that block on the Web.



Victoria's Stars is today's block and can be found here on Quilter's Cache. It is an original paper pieced design by Marcia Hohn. Its really very dramatic and I loved how my block turned out.



The illustration on the Website of a whole quilt made from the block was gorgeous with the interlocking stars coming through in a secondary pattern. I am not sure I would be tempted to make it though as a whole paper pieced quilt would involve a lot of work removing the paper. I have made one paper pieced quilt and believe me it was a LOT of work getting all those little bits of paper out. Still ... the dramatic result just might be worth it


3 comments:

  1. I love the golden color of the star in this one. Beautiful shade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The overall pattern is quite mesmerizing. Maui Jungalow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I am seriously considering a quilt in this pattern... thinking thinking thinking

      Delete