Monday, March 13, 2017

Smunday Stash Report - late again this week

My week can be divided into 2 distinct parts - productive and not so much. LOL. At the beginning of the week I was able to get stuck into a variety of projects, all for Handmade With Love, particularly for the Comic Con stall we will have. Its not till September but since I will be out of the country from the end of July and have some other travel before then I am trying to get as much as I can made before I then.

This month I have set myself a challenge to make 20 things for the stall (I managed 12 last month) but had done nothing in the first week or so.

This week I got my act into gear and I made 8 Teeny Tiny Zipper Purses, using this pattern by So Sew Easy. .41m


 I made one ear bud pouch - Tardis fabric is so cool .07m


  and I tried out this new messenger bag pattern by Crazy Little Projects. 1.87m



Its big enough to carry a full size laptop (mine pictured is 15" and there is heaps of room for a bigger one) I talked about the hassles I had with it (all stemming from me assuming I knew what to do.. hint. I didn't ) on my Wip Wednesday blog post 

No purchases this week so all profit!

Week 10
Fabric used          2.35
Fabric added        0.00
Net usage            2.35m

Year to Date     
Fabric used       61.03
Fabric Added     21.60
Net Usage        39.43m

linking up with Patchwork Times


2 comments:

  1. What a cute bunch of tiny zipper purses and that little earbud pouch is the cat's meow. Your messenger bag doesn't look like it is big enough for a 15" laptop. That means it would hold a Surface 3 probably. I need to look into making some kind of bag for mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The measurement for the bag was 17" across and the side gusset was 3" finished so its a really good size! I put pockets inside at the front and back so its got a place for phone, purse, keys and maybe cord although that would depend on how big the cord is. I am tempted to keep it for myself but since the fabric was donated to our group to make items to sell I would need to buy it. I do love it

      Delete