Monday, March 24, 2014

Stash Report Sunday on Monday

company's logoRunning late this week with my stash report. I was away in Brisbane for the weekend. Found out on the plane down there that the Brisbane Stitches and Craft Show was on. How serendipitous was that! We, Fangirl and I were going down to see "Guys and Dolls" (see Fitness Friday for details) but had time for other adventures. We headed over not long after it opened on Saturday morning and spent 4 hours plus there. It was great fun. Caught up with 2 great friends there by planning and one old friend by accident!!


This could have been a real blow out for me. Heaps of fat quarters at really good prices but I was strong. I am only buying fabric for projects. My only fabric purchase at the show was 2 metres of grey fabric for a swap that I am in with Amy Ellis Amy's Creative Side I just had a look at the fabric other's have bought. Mine is so boring in comparison but it was all I could find. I had to buy it in 4 half metre pieces! No yardage on sale at all that I could find at the show.



I didn't just buy the fabric though. I also bought several packets of really cute buttons, some snips, needles, a pattern AND my birthday present... an A1 sized cutting mat and a 15.5" square ruler. So excited by both these. It was fun managing the cutting board whilst we had lunch and we were blessed that the second friend we met by accident offered us a lift back to the motel... much easier than managing it on a bus.

my haul from the show... minus the snips which I forgot were loose in my handbag and which the airport people didn't pick up either so I'm lucky to have gotten them home and not lost them at the security check.

the buttons... these included little cakes, DIY tools, birds, Christmas lights and Australian and English themed packs

The Pattern I bought. My mum will enjoy stitching these for me


I did have a second shopping spree though the next day when I borrowed my son's car and drove to the Spotlight store near his place to look for the white tone on tone fabric I needed for my Disappearing Into the Blue quilt. I got it and some lovely blue striped material for the binding. (on special too)



Whilst at Spotlight I bought fabric for the curtains in the room that I am making the quilt for. I bought some white self patterned fabric for that. Question... do I count that as fabric purchase? 4.5 metres

Curtain fabric. Its White and Silver I would say..hard to describe


No finishes this week... not expecting any for a while (unless I get a move on and make the curtains)

So for the week
Used this week                                 0 m
Bought this week
       white tone on tone                      2m
        blue stripe for binding                1m
       grey for swap                             2m
       white for curtains                        4.5m
      total                                            9.5m

net for week                                      +9.5

Year to date used                             53.06            
Year to date Purchased                    22.81
Net position                                    -30 .25m    
     



More Stash Reports at Patchwork Times

No comments:

Post a Comment